Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 18 – 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today the challenge is about regret. What would you use your “do-over” on? What words would you take back if you could? What actions would you rewind?

Basically, I think regret is a waste of time and emotion. I try to not do things I will have to then look back on and wish I hadn’t done. None the less, I experience some regret.

I regret that bite of chocolate cake, right after I swallow it.

I regret that second glass of wine.

I regret making eye contact with the over-sharing, crazy patron at work.

I regret not spending more time with my grandparents, while I can.

I regret screaming at my daughter for some small infraction because I am tired or frustrated.

I regret saying I am too tired when my husband wants to cuddle.

I regret yelling at the dog as soon as she cocks her head and looks at me with those big eyes.

So, even though I try to avoid it regret seems to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment