Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Year Without a Santa Claus

Fifteen years ago, the first Christmas after we married, we hosted Christmas morning for my father, his new wife and their baby boy.

My father and his family showed up loaded with packages and smiles. We ate a big breakfast and then got down to the important stuff...presents.

As I opened my gifts from my dad I got to a beautiful Liz Cooper Santa doll. He was just amazing, and a completely unusual gift to get from my dad.

“Wow dad, this is wonderful, thank you.”

“I got him for your collection.”

“My collection?”

“Yeah, your Santa collection.”

Hmmmmm, I had no Santa collection, and let me remind you we were sitting in my completely decorated living room with no evidence of a collection. But he thought I had one, and he has gotten me a Santa every Christmas since. Now, I have a collection…

IMG_4757 

IMG_4755

IMG_4756

IMG_4772

IMG_4758   

I get several Santa’s a year, from lots of people. Santa is taking over our home, I have run out of places to set Santa. My lovely antique nativity set is surrounded by Santa’s like SWAT is coming to get the baby Jesus!

IMG_4759

IMG_4768 

IMG_4774

IMG_4779

IMG_4784

IMG_4788   

Too bad he didn’t think I collected money…or diamonds…

No comments:

Post a Comment