Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ida’s Kitchen

Over the weekend I finally succumbed to the desire to knit this hat. I first saw this at Through the Loops after the holidays and I was sure I would make it. Kirsten is such a talented designer, beauty is in her simplicity.

IMG_5038

I got the pattern and then I was waiting to buy yarn for it, but suddenly I remembered...I have a shit load of yarn!!!

IMG_5049

So I went stash diving and came up with plenty of sport weight yarn to make this gorgeous hat. I started on Friday night and was done by Sunday afternoon.

IMG_5036

I love it! It was a simple pattern to memorize and the color changes kept it fun. I would make another in a heartbeat!

I got to wear it for the rest of the day and then Monday morning my 13 year old wore it to school…goodbye kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment