Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let's Get Cheesy!


Last year (February to be exact) I was driven to make this beautiful blanket after seeing Vicki's at Knitorious. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I had to have one.

I whipped out my squares right away and they were lots of fun to make. Then I started on my striped stripes and I petered out. The stripes weren't very portable because I was changing colors every 6 rows and so the basket containing all those luscious skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool got pushed farther and farther away from my knitting chair.

But 2012 is the year!!!  I figure if the world is going to end I am taking this blanket with me!

First thing I did is decide it's too small. We are all pushing 6' in this house and no one wants their toes sticking out.  I added space on my striped strip for two more log cabin squares. I have one strip done and have started on one of the squares.

Luckily Shasta is on duty to make sure I don't muck it up....

1 comment:

  1. girl, you have a lot of ambition. I don't even know if I could knit a baby blanket! miss you!

    ReplyDelete