Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 01: A Place I'd Like to Travel


For as long as I can remember (and let me tell you 43 years is a lot of remembering) I have wanted to go to Greece.  When I was younger my sister and I were obsessed with Greek gods and goddesses. One of our  favorite games to play (besides the one where we pretended we were sisters, true story) as Clash of the Titans. We donned our best bed sheets and pretended we were goddesses and had to fight Medusa!  My little sister and I lived out in the middle of know where and could really imagine the hell outta shit!



When I was older I saw the movie Shirley Valentine. This movie is still one of my favorites  and I have seen it many times. When she gets off the bus in that little fishing village in Greece, I physically ache to be there too.

I know I will never go there.  I know that I will live maybe another 43 years without getting off that bus.  But anytime I want to see my fishing village Shirley will take me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment