Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12: The Last Item I Purchased


I hate shopping.

Let me clarify, I hate shopping for myself.

I will shop all day for the ones I love or for groceries or for things for our home.

So, it goes with out saying that my purchases are usually less than exciting.  Yesterday I went to 4 stores, and not all at once.  I made 4 separate trips at 4 separate times of day, because I forget things or because I don't know I need something until the moment comes that I want it and it isn't there.

Hence the 4 trips to the store.

The last thing I bought yesterday, before I said the words, "Do without, because I refuse to go to the store again!" was a package of flour.

A package of all purpose flour to bake the bread I was going to serve my guests in an hour.  A package of flour I didn't know I needed until I was ready to make the bread.

Home once again and the bread in the oven, our daughter comes outside to let me know she was going to make her boyfriend some sandwiches and we were out plain, white sliced bread (the only kind he eats) This is bread I buy for him especially and only our daughter makes his sandwiches for him (I think you see where I am going with this), so I didn't know he was out of bread and a 5th trip to the store was not happening, not on my watch!

The flour was the straw that broke the camels back!


No comments:

Post a Comment