Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3 - 30 Day Challenge

So, today’s question is about my first love. I read through some of the other responses and it was the usual…my husband, my dog, my son…typical…typical…typical.
My first love was early, I was about 12, maybe 13. It was earth shattering and complete.  It was the most heart wrenching and heart ful-filling experience. It was life altering.
It was…Leif Garrett
LeifGarrett-1
First of all, I bought that album with my own money. I rode my bike all the way to Ames (which was far to us country bumpkins) and brought that thing home and then proceeded to play it, non-stop, for the next 2 years.
Leif Garrett leif4
I had every magazine he was in and I would lovingly remove each poster and decorate my room with them. I hung one in the perfect location to be able to kiss my paper boyfriend as I came and went.
Leif-Garrett-1979-Tour-Program-477877
I was sure we would always be together. I knew he had a little something going on with Nicolette Sheridan, but obviously this would pass. Someday he would realize my love was true...
liefjpg-0365533c2ec1cbc0
He was a guest star on several hot TV shows. CHiPs, Family and Wonder Woman. This was in the days before TiVo, DVR’s and even VCR’s. I had to be there at the TV when the show was on or miss him! It caused some stress I can tell you. I vividly recall sitting as close to the TV as possible watching my love on CHiPs, I would caress his face and kiss the tube when he was on. I knew that soon he would get one of the many letters I had sent and he would show up in his white limo and take me away.
garrett_mugshot
Sadly, Leif did not chose me or my pure love. I think we all know how that worked out for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment