Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2 - 30 Day Challenge

Today’s question is, what is the meaning behind your blog name?

I had a blog once before and I loved it. It started as a knitting blog and it became my everyday outlet. I wrote about my family, my mother, my life. I am not embarrassed to say I did some great writing on that blog. I believed the people reading my blog were my friends.

I was wrong.

I found out one day that someone was reading my blog, not to share my life with me, but because she wanted my life for her own. My family, my home, my husband were all things she wanted.

I deleted that blog in an instant because I was so upset, so confused and so shocked. One minute it was there, then it was gone.

I know now I could have protected my blog in a different way but I just couldn’t think at the time. The end result is that it was gone and I will never have it again.

I have tried to start a blog again a few times, but the fear was still there and the disillusionment. It just didn’t feel the same.

When I started this blog I tried making it totally anonymous. I made up fake emails and didn’t use names and didn’t link to any of the blogs I had links to before. It’s hard to write when you can’t talk about your life or your loves.

I chose the name Lonesome Glee, because I was happy and excited to have a blog experience again, but sad that it wasn’t my old blog that I loved.
It represents the smile that is hiding the sadness.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that such an awful thing happened to you with your blog! :/ People can truly be awful.

    My blog was created on my son's college parent weekend... I couldn't attend because the niece that was supposed to puppy-sit backed out at the last minute. I was heartbroken because I missed him so much - I was totally wound up and kept trying to knit to calm myself down. I created the blog on a whim and named it TightlyWound~LooselyKnit - which was exactly how I felt that whole weekend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Isn't it funny how our blog names find us?

    ReplyDelete