Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8 – 30 Day Challenge

Talk about a place you’ve traveled to.

Well,I would rather make a broad, sweeping list of the places I want to travel to instead of the meager list of places I have been. But that is not the challenge...

I have been to Cape Cod, we went every summer when I was little. My grandmother, mom and her sisters would all pile into a car and drive down. My grandfather and my dad would fly down in grandpa’s plane for the weekend. We would stay for what seemed like months… It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

untitled

I have also been to California, to Escondido. My father gave us the trip for Christmas. We got new suitcases with tickets hidden inside. We went to stay with my mother’s cousin in her cute little apartment. This is how we did it Cali style...

cali

Once my parents woke my sister and I up in the middle of the night and put us in the car. They drove all the way to Hershey, PA while we slept. We woke up to the sweet smell of chocolate drifting in through the car windows.

We drove to Florida as a family several times also. The last time we went I got violently ill at Disneyworld. My dad made me walk along, puking in garbage bins because we were not wasting those expensive tickets!

My husband and I went to the island of St. Lucia for our honeymoon. Thanks to my generous and wonderful in-laws we got to spend a week in a cottage on the beach in that amazing place. It was heaven…

3698494113_57cc184059_z

Since we had our daughter we have gone to Florida a few times when we get the super cheap plane tickets. We’ve been to Disneyworld and Sea World. I would love to go again, very soon.

2555173087_cf58b72440_o

One day we bought a cool, vintage motor home and started camping. Since then most of our trips have been place we can drive to. Over the years we have updated to a newer camper and we have broadened our range to the Adirondacks.

2552819506_2a87b25776_z

Well that is it, the only other thing I can think of is a trip to Kansas City to visit my sister and we road tripped home.

I think, so far, my favorite place to be...is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment