Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 27 – 30 Day blog Challenge

Pets

I grew up in the country, just down the road from my grandparents farm. There was horses, cows, pigs and chickens. Not to mention cats and dogs.

Growing up we always had a dog or a cat, usually both. They were house pets and part of the family.

As a couple we have always had a cat or a dog too. When we were first living together my husband got me a beautiful tabby cat from the shelter. Her name was Calypso and she was a doll. She was funny and sweet, just what you want in a pet.

After she died I got my husband a dog from an ad in the local pennysaver. A golden retriever chow mix, free to a good home. He was the best dog I have ever owned. We had him for 14 years and he was never bad, not once.

2551765019_40900079d4_z

We have had cats on and off too, strays that find there way from the farm next door. Sometimes we just can’t pass up a cute little kitten.

IMG_4700

We have had this cute, little kitten for about 6 years now. She is not very nice, but she is mellowing in her old age.

We got a new puppy after we lost our big, old, yellow dog. She likes to bite people, she runs away and doesn’t listen. She eats anything she finds. She is lazy and looks like a junkyard dog most of the time.

2815084251_a6bb792424_z

But, damn, if she isn’t adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment