Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 06: A Book I'm Reading


I work at a library and have access to great works of literature, current periodicals and the latest releases everyday.  I could pull any volume of poetry from the shelf and immerse myself in the brilliance of William Blake or Shel Silvertsein.  I could keep abreast of all the most current events and happenings in the world with the four papers at my disposal.  It is all there for the taking.

But I am going to be completely honest with you.  The most recent books that I have read were The Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy, and I didn't read them just once.  After that I read Bared To You : A Crossfire Novel, a very poor imitation of 50 shades.  After that I re-read about 5 Danielle Steele novels and a book by D.E. Stevenson that I had also read before and been searching for these last 11 years, only to find that I owned it and it has been sitting on my bookshelf.  Now I am starting to read my entire set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books, as I do every winter for the last 20 or more years.  I have to start now so that by the time I get to Long Hard Winter we are fully involved in a long, hard winter of our own.

So there you have it, with the world of fine literature at my finger tips I read smut, children's books and thirty year old gentle romances.....

No comments:

Post a Comment