Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am resolute about resolutions

It’s that time of year, the time where you are suppose to make promises to yourself about all the things you are going to change about your life. I hate making resolutions.  I always come up up with the same pat ones, lose weight, get organized, yadda yadda. This time I really wanted to think about it, to make some real changes.  You see, there are changes to be made.

I am fat, at least 30 pounds, my joints ache and I feel like an old woman.

My house is a mess, really dirty in the corners where it likes to hide.  Mainly because I am so fat, I don’t bend and scour like I used to.

So you see I could go with those pat answers, but I also drink too much, 1 or 2 glasses of wine a night is too much, it is the cause of my other problems.

My skin is bad and I look old.

I am also filled with an anger and hurt that I try to get past everyday and am not quite able to do.

I am mean to people, I am so filled with contempt and anger towards the public I serve everyday at my job. I know I am becoming less able to hide my feelings each day. I answers the same ridiculous questions over and over and it is getting to me.

I do need to make changes, I know it, and right after I finish this glass of wine and the candy from my Christmas stocking I will get right on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment